Snapd HUB App
The Downtown Barrie (BIA) has partnered with Snapd Barrie to present the 2020 Noella Festival!!
Download the snapd Hub App to enter the Holly Days draw, vote for your favourite in the Noёlla Window Display, play the Snowflake Experience game, and much, much more.
Click here to download the snapd HUB at GOOGLE PLAY.
Click here to download the snapd HUBon APPLE STORE.
snapd HUB – Explore Community Events & Experiences
Your connection to the community! Discover upcoming events and unlock augmented reality experiences near you. Keep up with what’s happening locally, whether you’re looking for something to do with family or friends or want to explore a new neighborhood.
Download the snapd HUB to:
– Find truly local events from concerts and festivals to classes and community gatherings
– Track your favourites
– Search for today, tomorrow, this week or any month
– Add upcoming events to your calendar
– Buy tickets for snapd TIX events
– Share your pictures from events for a chance to be featured in the newspaper
– View augmented reality experiences in the snapd newspaper and around the community
How do I access AR content?
The markers that trigger augmented reality experiences are provided in free community newspapers published by snapd on a monthly basis. The AR reader in the app is intended to serve as a conduit to view free augmented reality experiences related to the content in the paper and throughout the community. Please align screen with the AR image found in snapd or visit www.snapd.com/ar for more experiences
Support Local while Shopping Online
Shopping online this Christmas? Do it locally!
This holiday season, many people will opt to shop online. Did you know that you can shop online and still support our local business community? Check out the options below and have fun shopping!
Lifeline E-Gift Card Program
The Downtown Barrie Business Association (BIA) introduced the Lifeline E-Gift Card program as a way to support its incredible businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic when many of them were forced to shut down.
CLICK HERE, select which downtown Barrie business (or businesses!) you’d like your gift card(s) for. 100% of the funds go to the businesses you choose to support.
Supporting local has never been so easy!
Buying local, made easy. Head over to HeyLocal.ca, select your region and check out all the awesome businesses you can support this Christmas season!
2020 Holly Days
Holly Days is back! Shop & dine in downtown Barrie this holiday season for a chance to win a $500 Lifeline E-Gift Card to your favourite downtown Barrie business along with $250 in downtown Barrie swag.
By downloading the snapd Hub App, you are able to enter a unique code after each purchase to be entered into the Holly Days draw.
Check out the unique shops in downtown Barrie, support local and scratch a few names off your holiday shopping list.
When & Where
- When: Everyday from November 16th to December 16th
- Where: See below…
- Bell Book and Candle (133 Dunlop St. East)
- Bravo Fine Lingerie (84 Dunlop Street East)
- Drawing House (60 Mary Street)
- Everleigh Garden (104 Dunlop Street East)
- Gary Owen Custom Framing Gallery (118 Dunlop Street East)
- Homestead Artisan Bakery (82 Dunlop Street East)
- IMak Repairs (41 Dunlop Street East)
- Inhabit Interiors & Design (120 Dunlop Street East)
- J’adore Fine Cheese & Chocolate (123 Dunlop Street East)
- John McNabb Clothier (15 Dunlop Street West)
- Liquid Chrome (11 Dunlop Street East)
- Maclaren Art Centre (37 Mulcaster Street)
- Metzger’s Studio (46 Dunlop Street East)
- Olive Oil Co. (45 Dunlop Street East)
- Our House (55 Dunlop Street East)
- Souldiers Barrie (67 Toronto Street)
- Stuff Shoppe Downtown (42 Dunlop St East)
- The Artisan Boutique (130 Dunlop Street East)
- The May Court Club of Barrie (54B Maple Avenue)
- The Stitch Haus (54D Maple Avenue)
- Trek Bicycle Store Barrie (88 Dunlop Street East)
- ZuZu Fashion Boutique (25 Dunlop Street East)
Wellness & Beauty
- Ann Green Yoga/Bliss Boutique (119 Dunlop St. East)
- John Linkert Salon (139 Dunlop Street East)
Food & Drink
- 147 Ristorante (147 Dunlop Street East)
- Arabesque Restaurant (43 Maple Avenue)
- Bacio Trattoria (62 Dunlop Street West)
- British Arms Pub (29 Dunlop Street East)
- Cakes by Design (89 Toronto Street)
- Casa Cappuccino (91 Dunlop Street East)
- Chavo Crepes (74 Dunlop Street East)
- Chillz Dessert Lounge (89 Dunlop Street East)
- Donaleigh’s Irish Public House (28 Dunlop Street East)
- Dunlop Street Diner (20 Dunlop Street East)
- Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery (107 Dunlop Street East)
- Grilled Cheese Social Eatery (53 Dunlop Street East)
- Grillicious Gourmet Tap & Grill (147 Dunlop Street East)
- Hooligans Restaurant (66 Dunlop Street East)
- Jerk Marshall Jamaican (24A Dunlop Street West)
- Kenzingtons Burger Bar (40 Dunlop Street East)
- KoHyang House (33 Bayfield Street)
- Last Level Lounge (74 Dunlop Street East)
- Lazy Tulip Cafe (29 Maple Avenue)
- McDonalds (85 Dunlop Street West)
- Limoncello Bistro (41 Maple Avenue)
- McReilly’s Pub (82 Dunlop Street East)
- Mexhico Mexican Inspired Food 37 Dulop Street West)
- North Country (10 Dunlop Street East)
- P_ZZA (50 Dunlop Street East)
- Philthy Philly’s Cheesesteaks & Poutinerie (98 Dunlop Street East)
- Pita Pit Barrie – Dunlop Street (98 Dunlop Street East)
- Ripe Juicery (118 Dunlop Street East)
- Skewers Korean Style (9 Clapperton Street)
- Smoke’s Poutinerie (24A Dunlop Street West)
- The Queens Hotel (94 Dunlop Street East)
- The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro (137 Dunlop Street East)
- Valiants Barrie (112 Dunlop Street East)
- Wired Owl Coffee Co. (49 Dunlop Street East)
- Yo!! Taco Barrie (3 Clapperton Street)
- Stay tuned! – Details to come
Disclaimer & Contest Rules —
- All purchases made at participating locations between November 16th and December 16th are eligible for an unique code for entry into the draw.
- The winner will be picked at random on December 18th, 2020 and will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- The winner will be contained via email to choose the business they would like to receive their Lifeline E-card from.
- A portion of the Prize to be collected from the Downtown Barrie (BIA) Office. ID may be required.
Rotary Festival of Trees
Brought to you by the Rotary Club of Barrie
The Rotary Festival of Trees is located at the Meridian Place, Heritage Park and along our beautiful waterfront.
Each year the Rotary Club of Barrie embraces the holiday spirit and shares their enthusiasm for the Barrie community by lighting up the waterfront and downtown.
This is a great opportunity to grab a coffee or hot chocolate and go for a stroll with the family.
Noëlla Tree & Wreath Lot
If a Christmas tree is what you need, look no further than Downtown Barrie.
Located in Meridian Place, the Downtown Barrie Noella Tree & Wreath Lot will feature Christmas trees and wreaths available for purchase on Saturday, November 28th, Saturday, December 5th and Saturday, December 12th from 11am until 3pm.
Christmas Trees – $60.00, Christmas Wreaths – $35.00 CASH ONLY
All proceeds to go to Hospice Simcoe.
Thank you to this year’s sponsor of the Noella Tree & Wreath Lot, Dr. Brad Dibble and Katherine Elphick!
Saturday, November 28th, 11 am-3 pm
Saturday, December 5th, 11 am-3 pm
Saturday, December 12th, 11 am-3 pm
Meridian Place & Memorial Square – 87 Dunlop Street East
This year, the Noella Festival will once again include the Noella Tree & Wreath Lot with all proceeds going to Hospice Simcoe.
Noëlla Window Decorating Contest
NEW 2020 ~ Downtown Barrie has partnered with with Corus Radio 93.1 Fresh and BIG 101.1 to feature the Noella Window Decorating Contest on the radio!
This year the public will be the judge! Voting for the Noella Window Decorating Contest will take place from December 1st to December 31st. The winning business will be announced early January 2021.
More details to follow.
Be sure to take a look as you stroll past the shops and restaurants located in the downtown core.
2-Hours Free Parking On-Street and at Chase McEachern Lot
- December 1st to December 31st
- On-street parking meters in downtown Barrie
- Chase McEachern Parking Lot (adjacent to Meridian Place)
Parking in municipal lots is free after 5:00pm Monday through Friday and all day on Saturdays and Sundays.
Look for the festive tags on meters within the Downtown!
New Year’s Countdown
New Year’s Eve Downtown Countdown
Presented by: The City of Barrie
This year’s line-up will be announced in late November, so stay tuned for all of the exciting details!
- Thursday, December 31st, 2020
- This year’s line-up will be announced in late November, so stay tuned for all of the exciting details!
- Downtown Countdown information available at: barrie.ca/Culture/Festivals/Pages/DowntownCountdown.aspx