2019 Noëlla Window Decorating Contest
**SCROLL DOWN FOR A LIST OF THIS YEAR’S WINNERS!**
- Christmas in the Movies
- Thursday, November 14th, 2019
*Incomplete windows/entrances will not be eligible for judging.
- Friday, November 15th, 2019
Judging will begin at 4 pm.
- Creative Presentation
- Theme must be apparent but unique
- Window/entrances must incorporate products from the business.
- Email [email protected] to share your interest in participating.
* Note that you do not have to register to participate.
Advertising package that will consist of newspaper & radio advertising
- Exact dollar amount still to be determined.
- Winner will be announced during the Tree Lighting on Saturday, November 16th, 2019.
This past year, the amazing merchants in Downtown Barrie transformed their storefront windows in order to celebrate the festive season. The theme was “Christmas in the Movies,” and here are the winners!
2019 Contest Winners
1st Place –
- Grenville Smart Copy – 39 Dunlop Street East
2nd Place –
- Olive Oil Co. – 45 Dunlop Street East
3rd Place –
- Vintage Throne Barber Lounge – 64 Dunlop St. West
Honourable Mentions –
- Bravo Fine Lingerie – 84 Dunlop Street East
- Metzger Studio – 76 Dunlop Street East
- Bell, Book & Candle – 133 Dunlop Street East
- MacLaren Art Centre – 37 Mulcaster Street
- Loved Again Bridal – 30 Dunlop Street West
- Stuff Shoppe – 42 Dunlop Street East
Be sure to take a look as you stroll past the shops and restaurants located in the downtown core.
2019 Tree Lighting Celebration
This year’s Tree Lighting Celebration will once again be held in conjunction with the Santa Claus Parade. Festivities will include entertainment at the Meridian Place stage, face painting, an outdoor film screening of A Miracle on 34th Street (1994), free hot chocolate (while quantities last) with a donation to the Tim Hortons Food Drive or the Rock 95 & Kool FM Toy Drive. All this along with the countdown to the lighting of the tree, the Rotary Festival of Trees displays, fireworks and a visit from Santa!
- 1 Giant Tree
- 25,000 Lights
- Meridian Place
- Saturday, November 16th, 2019 beginning at 3:00pm
Be sure to take a look as you stroll to the shops and restaurants located in the downtown core.
Santa Claus Parade
Brought to you by the Barrie Chamber of Commerce.
Saturday, November 16th, 2019 beginning at 5pm
Christmas in the Movies
- Interested in adding a float? Click here to register with the Barrie Chamber.
- 2019 route includes Dunlop St. East & Dunlop St. West.
- The parade will be traveling the same route again this year, departing from the intersection at Tiffin St. and Lakeshore Dr., heading straight up Tiffin St. to Bradford St. It will then head north on Bradford St. to Dunlop St., then through Downtown Barrie!
- Where: Route departs from Lakeshore Drive @ 5:00pm.
- Route will start through Downtown Barrie at approximately 5:45pm
Rotary Festival of Trees
Brought to you by the Rotary Club of Barrie
The Rotary Festival of Trees is located at the Meridian Place, Heritage Park and along our beautiful waterfront.
Each year the Rotary Club of Barrie embraces the holiday spirit and shares their enthusiasm for the Barrie community by lighting up the waterfront and downtown.
This is a great opportunity to grab a coffee or hot chocolate and go for a stroll with the family.
Check out the unique shops in downtown Barrie, support local and scratch a few names off your holiday shopping list.
Shop & dine in downtown Barrie this holiday season and enter into a draw for an amazing prize package.
When & Where
- When: Everyday from November 16th to December 16th
- Where: See below…
- Souldiers Barrie (67 Toronto St.) – Youth Skateboard ($220 Value)
- Inhabit Interiors & Design (120 Dunlop St. East) – Product ($160 Value)
- Bill LeBoeuf Jewellers (52 Dunlop St. West) – $100 Gift Certificate
- Gary Owen Custom Framing Gallery (118 Dunlop St. East) – $100 Gift Certificate
- Loved Again Bridal Boutique (30 Dunlop St. West) – $100 Value
- Metzger’s Studio (46 Dunlop St. East) – $75 Gift Certificate
- Osgoode Company (45 Dunlop St. West) – Hoodies ($75 Value)
- John McNabb Clothier (15 Dunlop St. West) – $50 Value
- The Artisan Boutique (130 Dunlop St. east) – Product ($45 Value)
- ZuZu Fashion Boutique (25 Dunlop St. East) – $40 Gift Certificate
- Maclaren Art Centre (37 Mulcaster St.) – Gift Pack ($35 Value)
- Stuff Shoppe Downtown (42 Dunlop St. East) – $30 Gift Card
- Bell Book and Candles (133 Dunlop St. East)- $25 Product
- Bravo Fine Lingerie (84 Dunlop St. East) – Gift Pack ($25 Value)
- Our House (55 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Barrie Olive Oil Co. (45 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Gift Certificate
- The Camphill Store (111 Dunlop Street East) – Product ($25 Value)
- J’Adore Fine Cheese & Chocolate (123 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Gift Card
- Janet Kemp Ladies Fashion (117 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Georgian College- Career and Employment Community Services (48 Collier St.) – $25 Gift Card for Bookstore
- Liquid Chrome (11 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Nutrition Plus Community Health Market (45 Maple Ave.) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Summer House (15 Dunlop St. E) – Product $25 Value
Wellness & Beauty
- Ann Green Yoga/Bliss Boutique (119 Dunlop St. East) – 3-months Unlimited Classes ($447.48 Value)
- Dentistry by the Bay (49 High St., #403) – $300 Value (Whitening kit)
- The Tattoo Removal Place (31 Maple Ave.) – $125 Gift Certificate
- I.D. Hair Studio (69 Collier St.) – $100 Gift Card
- History Barbershop Company Downtown (39 Dunlop St. W) – $60 Gift Card
- Brennen Demelo Studio North (112 Dunlop St. East) – Product ($50 Value)
- John Linkert Salon (139 Dunlop St. East) – Services Gift Certificate ($50 Value)
- Wild Ink Studios Barrie (106 Dunlop St. East) – $50 Gift Certificate
- Social 705 Beauty Bar (99 Dunlop St East) – $25 Gift Certificate
- 113 One thirteen East Hair & Esthetics (113 Dunlop t. East) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Vintage Throne Barber Lounge (64 Dunlop St. West) – Gift Basket ($25 Value)
- Unique Ink Custom Tattooing (13 Dunlop St. West) – $25 Gift Certificate
Food & Drink
- Groovy Tuesdays Bistro (73 Collier St.) – Dinner for Two excluding Alcohol ($100 Value)
- Valiant’s Barrie (112 Dunlop St. East) – $75 Gift Card
- Donaleigh’s Irish Public House (28 Dunlop St. East) – $50 Gift Certificate
- Philthy Philly’s (98 Dunlop St. E) – $50 Gift Certificate
- Casa Cappuccino (91 Dunlop St. East) – $35 Gift Certificate
- Yo!!Taco (3 Clapperton St.) – $30 Gift Certificate
- Bacio Trattoria (62 Dunlop St. West) – $25 Gift Certificate
- British Arms Pub (29 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Gift Card
- Cakes by Design (80 Toronto St.) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Chavo Crepes (74 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Gift Card
- Chillz Dessert Lounge (89 Dunlop St. East #101) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Flying Monkey Brewery & Tap Room (107 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Value
- Homestead Artisan Bakery (43 Owen St.) – $25 Value
- Lazy Tulip Cafe (29 Maple Ave.) – $25 Gift Certificate
- McReilly’s Pub (82 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Pizzeria Italia Restaurant (18 Mulcaster St.) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Pita Pit Barrie (29 Dunlop St. West) – $25 Gift Card
- Ripe Juicery (118 Dunlop Street. East) – $25 Gift Certificate
- SKEWERS – Korean Style (9 Clapperton St.) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Swirleez Frozen Yogurt (89 Dunlop St. East #101) – $25 Gift Certificate
- The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro (137 Dunlop Street East) – One Gourmet Worksburger x 2 ($25 Value)
- Grillicious Gourmet Tap & Grill (3 Mulcaster St.) – $25 Gift Certificate
- The Auto Shoppe (66 Toronto St.) – Oil Change Service ($50 Value)
- Psychic Madame Butterfly (13 Collier St,#2) – $50 Gift Certificate
- Drawing House (60 Mary St.) – Free Art Lesson Pass ($45 Value)
- Gold Stitch Studio (Lakeshore Mews) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Last Level Lounge (72 Dunlop St. E) – $25 Gift Card
- Madame Babu (Lakeshore Mews) – $25 Gift Certificate
- Petal Pusher Studio (Lakeshore Mews _ $25 Value
- The Creative Space (12 Dunlop St. East) – $25 Value
- **Downtown Barrie Business Association (BIA) – 2019 Heritage Pewter Ornament Complete Collection ($199.99 Value)
- **Meridian Credit Union – Family Pack of Toques ($80.00 Value)
- **Green by Hand – Downtown Colouring Book by Kate Green ($20 Value)
- **Joshua’s Greenery (35 Dunlop St. East) – $10 Gift Certificate
Any gift certificate, voucher or coupon included as part of the 2019 Holly Days Prize Package cannot be redeemed, or used in conjunction with any in-store sale or other business promotion.
+ Must be over 19 years of age & present Photo ID to receive this prize package product.
**Generously donated to Prize Package – No ballots available.
CONTEST RULES —
- All purchases made at participating locations between November 16th and December 17th are eligible for a ‘ballot’ and entry into the draw.
- Valid ballots must be signed by the business owner or their representatives.
- Ballots will be collected week of December 17th, 2019 by a representative to the Downtown Barrie Business Association (BIA).
- The winner will be picked at random on December 20th, 2019 and will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- Prize to be collected from the Downtown Barrie (BIA) Office. ID may be required.
Noëlla Tree Lot & Market
If a Christmas tree is what you need, look no further than Downtown Barrie.
Located in Meridian Place, the Downtown Barrie Christmas Tree Lot & Market will feature Christmas trees and wreaths available for purchase every Saturday starting November 23rd until December 14th from 11am until 3pm.
Christmas Trees – $60.00, Christmas Wreaths – $35.00 CASH ONLY
All proceeds to go to Hospice Simcoe.
But that’s not all – back this year is the Christmas Market with artisans and crafters selling their amazing goods!
Also, visit with Santa at the Christmas Tree Lot & Market from 12pm – 2pm on Saturday, November 23rd, Saturday, November 30th, Saturday December 7th, and Saturday December 14th. He’ll be hanging around Meridian Place and Memorial Square waiting to hear all that you want for Christmas!
Saturday, November 23rd, 11 am-3 pm
Saturday, November 30th, 11 am-3 pm
Saturday, December 7th, 11 am-3 pm
Saturday, December 14th, 11 am-3 pm
Meridian Place & Memorial Square – 87 Dunlop Street East
This year, the Noella Festival will once again include a Christmas Tree Lot with all proceeds going to Hospice Simcoe. Again this year will include a Christmas Market with vendors showcasing handcrafted items available for purchase and the opportunity to visit with Santa Claus in Meridian Place. Make this year one to remember!
2-Hours Free On-Street Parking
- December 1st to December 31st
- On-street parking meters in downtown Barrie
Parking in municipal lots is free after 5:00pm Monday through Friday and all day on Saturdays and Sundays. (Not applicable at the Collier Street Parkade.)
Look for the festive tags on meters within the Downtown!
New Year’s Countdown
New Year’s Eve Downtown Countdown
Presented by: The City of Barrie in partnership with Rock 95 and 107.5 Kool FM
Ring in the New Year in downtown Barrie with a free evening of fun and entertainment for the whole family! Festivities include skating on the Circle at the Centre rink, horse-drawn wagon rides, face painting, food vendors, and two fireworks spectacles – one for the early revellers following the family show and the other at the stroke of midnight. This year’s line-up will be announced in late November, so stay tuned for all of the exciting details!
- Sunday, December 31st, 2019 beginning at 6pm
- Barrie City Hall and Collier Street
- Ring in the New Year in Downtown Barrie with a free evening of fun and entertainment for the whole family! Festivities include skating at City Hall, horse-drawn wagon rides, face painting, food vendors and two fireworks spectaculars – one for the early revellers following the family show and the other at the stroke of midnight. This year’s line-up will be announced in late November, so stay tuned for all of the exciting details!
- Downtown Countdown information available at: barrie.ca/Culture/Festivals/Pages/DowntownCountdown.aspx